I saw my first horror movie at the age of 4. My sisters, who were 11 and 13 years older than me, sneakily showed me A Nightmare on Elm Street. I was instantly obsessed. And my mom was appalled, not only at my sisters but at the fact that I actually liked that stuff. She attempted to hide the VHS copy from me, but I always seemed to find it.
It’s not that those movies didn’t scare the crap out of me. They most certainly did. But from that young age, I found that I liked being scared (safely on my couch at home).
I’ll watch just about any type of horror movie, but I generally gravitate toward:
- Funny monster movies (Yes, I liked Sharknado. A lot.)
Do you like horror movies too? Do you want to convince me of the merits of another subgenre? Leave a comment on a blog post. You can also send me an email at horrormoviemaven (at) gmail (dot) com.
Other facts about me:
- My real name is Alicia
- I’m married to a man who does not enjoy horror movies (the poor, tortured soul)
- I have two cats that I call “my monsters”
- The header image on my site is a photo I took of my burgeoning skull collection
- I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As a result, I really like horror set in snowy locales (Dead Snow, Devil’s Pass, etc.), because it hits close to home.
Happy horror watching!